There is a clear need in the animal health sector in Europe to bring early developers (academia, research organisations, spin-offs/start-ups) and medium- to big size companies together to facilitate interaction and collaboration between them and thus stimulate innovation.
To fill this gap we will organize a conference differentiating from B2B conferences and focussing on innovation in animal health through collaboration in the phase of pre-development/discovery/proof-of concept: Discovery to Innovation in Animal Health (DIAH).
The DIAH-conference will be characterised by:
- A limited number of participants (eg max 300 delegates) and more, and more informal, interactions between them
- A focus on co-development and R&D-collaborations between industry and academia/research organisations
- How to find the right (academic) experts
- Funding: transition from public to public-private funding
- Address regulatory science research needs to facilitate the availability of alternative products to antibiotics, novel vaccines to deal with emerging threats and other novel technologies in a more efficient manner and increase the overall availability of veterinary products
- Multidisciplinary and cross-species (human and animal) approach to innovation
- Valuation and market potential of new technologies: how to come to a fair and realistic deal
- Showcase upcoming technologies, emerging start-ups (in (pre-)incubation phase and the scientific basis of their technolog